Mojave National Preserve (MOJA) completed a Management Plan for Developed Water Sources and Environmental Assessment (NPS 2019). This plan, in part, is intended to lay the groundwork for management of Gladings gallinaceous guzzlers (Glading 1943) or Small Game Guzzlers (SGG) within existing laws and policies.
This Notice of Funding Opportunity is requesting assistance of university faculty and student programs to synthesize, analyze and summarize the data collected through 2021 and provide recommendations for interpreting and future study design. Specifically, the request is to:
1) analyze bat and bird recordings to derive species presence, diversity indices and other potential parameters for analysis,
2) analyze and derive species presence, frequencies of detection and timing from camera information compiled in spreadsheets,
3) synthesize and preview limited quail age ratios and GPS location data,
4) assess differences between SGGs based on climate, vegetation cover, and absence or presence of water,
5) based on the above data, provide recommendations on further study design, propose evaluation criterions to rank SGG status and need as mitigation on climate.
View full details at the opportunity link